Thursday 19 March 2009

Sidewalk Photographers - the other side of the coin

Having read my previous article about sidewalk or pavement photographers, and the subsequent comment by Sheri, a regular reader sent me the following example which perhaps doesn't demonstrate the best qualities of the art. I had to laugh, even if I felt a little bad about doing so, and I can't resist reproducing it here, although the names will have to be witheld to protect the guilty parties - that is, me and that other fella.

Nobody's claiming this one!

This is from his email:

Sheri says "... I think that photos that have not been "posed" for make the best ones. I'm not too sure I agree with her. When I came across this one of ... circa 1930 in Lowestoft, it was so awful a reminder of those two relations that I decided to put it on Ebay for a Lowestoft PC collector. It was quickly snapped up !!
Enough said?

4 comments:

  1. OMG, that is hilarious! I mean, I feel sorry for the people in the photo, but I can certainly empathize. I have a "couple" toads in my family photos that should get auctioned off too. ;) Thanks for the comment on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think we all have a few of those in our family albums. Perhaps they could even lose a few of the IDs and we could pretend they belong to the "other" side of the family. :) Regards, Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting "walkie" photograph taken in Lowestoft. The number has been written on the negative. I wonder who the photographer was? It could be John Barker who was in Lowestoft in 1929 but moved onto Great Yarmouth by the 1930s. In GY he may have traded as "Cinesnaps" but later he traded as J. Barker & Sons (Great Yarmouth) Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input, Paul. I have no way of telling who it was, sadly, but you could well be right. Regards, Brett

    ReplyDelete

Join my blog network
on Facebook